PERI-IMPLANT DISEASE [PE-IMP004]
- Cross-sectioned model showing peri-implant mucositis and peri-implantitis from early to advance.
- Normal condition implant shown on left side.
- Crown of left and middle implant are removable to show the subgingival condition (healthy and diseased).
- Mobility implant at moderate/advanced stage.
- Before the implant placement: To help patient understand the risks of peri-implant disease and the importance of maintenance after the placement.
- After the placement: To demonstrate/explain how to maintain (brushing or flossing) the implant to achieve the longer life of implant.
- After the placement: Showing the inflammation of subgingival area by removing crown encourages patients to come for routine check-up at the clinic.
- For peri-impantitis patients: To explain that the treatment intervention in earlier stage increases the possibility for full recovery